CONSUMER RULES SUMMIT
Draft Preliminary agenda (as of 17 March 2023)
24-25 April 2023, Hilton Garden Inn, Zagreb, Croatia
What Does Future Hold for FMCG, Retail, Agri, and Distributions in Emerging Europe?
Monday, 24 Apr 2023
16:30 – 17:15
17:15 – 18:15
Agile Markets in Focus: Greece and Romania
- Bringing the two markets closer to either investments or market entry
- No investments from the SEE into the two markets – why, what are the obstacles?
- What are the peculiarities of the markets, how to approach them
Introductory remarks: Charlotte Ruhe, MD for CSEE, EBRD
Aleš Možetić, Managing Director, DonDon
Miloš Jelić, CEO, Nelt Group
Moderator: Miljan Ždrale, Regional Head for Agribusiness in Central & Eastern Europe, EBRD
18:15 – 18:45
18:45 – 20:15
Hard Talk: Is Agility the Answer Or One Needs James Bond’s Skills for Thriving and Succeeding in the Current Global and Industry Context
- Pandemic, war, inflation, … crisis after crisis – agility is more important than ever as a modus operandi for anyone on the market
- Supply chain vulnerability – how to pass the level in this hard game and get on top of the value chain
- Global context changed for the worse while consumers are becoming even more demanding and less understanding despite the global context – Casino Royal kind of game or how many OO7 needed for success?
- What does the future hold for current successful models in FMCG, retail, distribution, and agriculture?
Intro by global context maestro: Stuart Trow, strategist
Aleksandar Kostić, Vice President, MK Group
Martina Dalić, President of the Management Board, Podravka
Nebojša Šaponjić, Co-Founder and Shareholder, Nelt Group
Ljiljana Kunosić, CEO, Bingo
Emil Tedeschi, CEO, Atlantic Group
Melanie Seier Larsen, Managing Director and Partner, Boston Consulting Group
Introduction: Jean-Marc Peterschmitt, Managing Director, Industry, Commerce and Agribusiness and COO for Client Services Group, EBRD
20:15 – 22:30
EBRD 007 Party – No Time to Die or Shaken, not Stirred
Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023
8:30 – 9:00
Agility boost or wake up coffee – time for registration
9:00 – 9:30
Grand and Agile Opening – Talk Hard
M or Master of Ceremony / Welcome: Miljan Ždrale, Regional Head for Agribusiness in Central & Eastern Europe, EBRD
EBRD in the Balkans: Charlotte Ruhe, MD for CSEE, EBRD
EBRD’s priorities in Agribusiness: Natalya Zhukova, Head of Agribusiness, EBRD
9:30 – 9:50
Macroeconomics – Hero or Villain?
- What are the trends?
- Is Bonanza coming or storm approaching?
Global context: Peter Sanfey, Deputy Director, Country Economics, Strategy and Policy, EBRD
9:50 – 10:00
Brief Networking break
10:00 – 10:45
CLIMATE PANEL: Green Deal Makes EBITDA Grow – True or False?
- What does the future hold for agriculture in the context of climate change, higher awareness of environmental and social risks, and digital transformation?
- Can regenerative agriculture feed the future (demand)? Will it have to?
- In Green we trust is a mantra that is a key to consumers – true or false?
- How going green can make consumers love you more and EBITDA go up?
Jan Mally, Co-owner, Eso Tron Group
Zvonimir Sedlić, Founder/CEO, Nutris
Dušan Radičević, CEO, Al Dahra
Moderator: Gianpiero Nacci, Director of the Green Economy and Climate Action Team, EBRD
10:45 – 11:00
11:00 – 12:00
INSPIRATIONAL AGILITY OR WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS?
Keynote speaker (virtual): Aparna Bharadwaj, Managing Partner and Director in BCG Singapore office and Global Head for BCG’s Center for Customer Insights
12:00 – 12:15
SUPPLY SECURITY PANEL: Too Many Villains – Supply Chain Issue, Inflation, Energy Crisis, Labour Shortages – So How Many 007 One Needs?
- Supply rules or consumers rule is that Chicken-Egg kind of dilemma?
- How to ensure security in a supply chain with so many dangers looming (war, pandemic, energy crisis, labour issues)?
- Can reglobalization fix the supply chain issues? Or the answer is in deglobalization?
- How are companies navigating a climate of persistent unpredictability?
- What could be done to bolster the resilience of global supply chains?
Mihailo Janković, CEO, MK Group
Andrei Bica, CFO, Profi
Dimitar Mitev, CEO, Bella
Moderator: Tamara Tošić, Senior Investment Professional, Agribusiness, EBRD
13:00 – 14:00
14:15 – 15:00
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE IN (FAMILY) BUSINESS: Gap or Leap?
- How to balance it out – family and business – in the most effective way for a business to continue its growth?
- Is effective corporate governance a resilient measure in challenging times?
- Succession, entitlement, emotions are the basis for a good Netflix drama – how to turn it into a rom-com with a happy end?
Intro Remarks: David Risser, Managing Director, Nestor Advisors, a Morrow Sodali Company
Neven Vranković, Vice President at Atlantic Grupa, Atlantic Group
Bojan Radun, Owner, Nectar
Michal Kedzia, Partner, Enterprise Investors
Alexandra Papalexopoulou-Benopoulou, Deputy Chair of the Group Executive Committee, TITAN Cement Group (virtual)
Moderator: Pavle Đurić, Principal Counsel – Corporate Governance, EBRD
15:00 – 15:15
15:15 – 16:00
DIGITAL PANEL: X Factor or Q’s Secret Weapon?
- Big data, artificial intelligence, robots – is the future now?
- How to manage digitalization to lead you to heaven and not to the shortcut to hell?
- How to balance investments needed to ensure the right amount of ROI?
- How many Qs does one need in an organization to celebrate the returns sipping the shaken, not stirred Martini after watching 00 agents conquer the market?
- E-commerce big tipping point – brick and mortar (like Apple is pursuing) or just e-commerce? Are fully automated nano stores the answer?
Introduction: Miloš Drača, Microsoft (Zabka case study)
Vesna Bengin, Co-Founder, BioSense Institute
Marko Carević, CEO, Ananas E-Commerce
Eddie Short, Head of Digital Transformation, MidEuropa Partners
Moderator: Jelena Erker, Associate Director, Agribusiness, EBRD
16:00 – 16:15
16:15 – 17:00
NO TIME TO DIE – What’s the Sequel?
Inspirational talk with a special guest
Moderators and closing remarks: Emil Tedeschi, CEO, Atlantic Group and Miljan Ždrale, Regional Head for Agribusiness in Central & Eastern Europe, EBRD
17:00 – 17:45
Cheers to Consumers! – Farewell drinks